Wednesday 14 November 2007

Glasshouse Mountains

I'm afraid it's probably going to be a bit boring now - we're still in Caloundra, it's still sunny and warm and we're still exploring. What can I say - we're on holiday.

Anyway, we had any early start this morning and walked into the centre of Caloundra along the coastal path. Fantastic views etc. - we stopped off for a coffee and watched the surfers.

After lunch we decided to take the Glasshouse Mountains Tourist Drive. This took us past the entrance of Australia Zoo and around all the volcanic peaks of the Glasshouse Mountains. We took a detour and visited the Glasshouse Mountains scenic lookout - I'm running out of superlatives to describe the views around here, but it's really like a green, tropical version of Monument Valley in Arizona.

We rounded off the day with a meal in the excellent on-site Thai restaurant at our resort. Lovely food - but I made my usual mistake of asking for my Beef Green Curry very hot!

No comments: