Monday 5 November 2007

The wedding

The long wait for the wedding day is over at last. We had a slap up english breakfast at the Y2K cafe on the street under our apartment and a brief walk along the beach before getting suited up.

I drove the Toyota Prado and we went in convoy on the 45 minute journey into Perth to the Harold Boas Gardens where the wedding was to be held.

It was a beautiful sunny day and the ceremony was held in the shade by a waterfall surrounded by family and friends. We hardly noticed the sound of the planes in the Red Bull Air Race almost directly overhead.

I did my duty as a witness and signed the registry and the Wedding Certificate along with Tracey's brother Mark. We then waited, fully suited up, in the 34C sunshine while the photographs were taken.

After the photographs I drove back to Rockingham and Sally and I went to the bottleshop to buy some beers to replenish Age's fridge (and then sneaked a quick ice cream) before going back up to their apartment.

We all walked along the sea front to the reception at the Yacht Club - feeling rather overdressed as everyone around us was dressed for the beach. The reception was upstairs and the tables were decorated beautifully. We all watched from the balcony as the photographer took further shots of Adrian and Tracey on the jetty and in front of the beach.

The bride and groom eventually joined us and we all sat down to enjoy a fine spread and drink a lot of wine. Sally even managed to get me to dance - and I think she now believes me when I say I can't do it.

No comments: